New York Film Academy is celebrating America’s Independence Day with some appropriately themed movies. Which 4th of July movie is your all time favorite?
Woody going to LA, Cruise’s vocals, plus just how raunchy is Sandler’s new film? Catch up with NYFA’s weekly roundup!
Mission iPhone: How Tom Cruise is Carrying on the Steve Jobs Legacy
Spoiler alert: If you haven’t seen the new Mission: Impossible film yet, you may want to stop reading here.
Tom Cruise made me want to do three things after seeing Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, the new installment in the Mission: Impossible series.
1. Buy an iPhone
2. Buy an iPad
3. Become a spy, climb 180 story buildings, and deactivate missiles while fighting against terrorists in epic action sequences (ok, so this one is a little more impractical)
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol uses an iPhone to track identity of an agent
Seriously, though, who knew that you could visit the Apple App Store and find an application that will allow you to target your enemy in the middle of a sandstorm? Also, who knew you could get cell phone reception during a high speed Dubai car chase? I’m definitely switching to whatever phone plan Mr. Cruise uses.
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol runs like a 2 hour 13 minute caffeinated, oiled, and well packaged iPhone advertisement. I have never seen so many plugs for a technology company in one film. Best moment? The iPad used to build a projection of a fake hallway. Campiest moment? An agent receiving a texted photo of the person about to kill him labeled “Assassin” at the top of the photo.
Grab an iPhone, check out the fandango app to get your tickets in advance, and head to the cinema to see Brad Bird’s thrilling live-action directorial debut. You won’t be disappointed. The only question that remains unanswered is how Tom Cruise’s hair never gets ruffled during the film.
Mandy Menaker is the Social Media Manager and blog editor of New York Film Academy. The views expressed here are her own and not those of the New York Film Academy. Reach her at email@example.com.
NYFA Hollywood Daily: 10/5/11
Back after a short hiatus, let us get straight to today’s news. We’ve got new pictures from The Avengers, Werner Herzog and Tom Cruise news, a Jeremy Piven trailer and much more!
- EW.com has the new cast photos from The Avengers starring Robert Downey, Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo, and Jeremy Renner.
- Darren Aronofsky’s new film Noah has found financing.
- Werner Herzog to play the villain in Tom Cruises next film One Shot?
- Here is the red band (mature audiences only) trailer for Jeremy Piven and Rob Lowe’s new Mark Pellington film I Melt with You.
- Wait, James Franco’s character was supposed to die at the end of Rise of The Planet of the Apes?